Hilda worked in the treasurer’s office from 1946 to 1976.
Two new buildings since 2000 include the von Liebig Center for Science and the Suzanne von Liebig Theatre.Today, Juniata has about 1,600 students from 42 states and territories and 45 countries. In 1877 the school changed its name to "Brethren Normal School." At this time Zuck also discussed adding a "Scientific Course" and issuing "Certificates of Graduation".The Huntingdon Normal School was established by a spry young Huntingdon physician, Dr. Brumbaugh, and his two cousins, Henry and John Brumbaugh. Juniata's first classes were held on April 17, 1876 with Zuck teaching Rebecca Cornelius, Maggie D. In 1879, classes moved into Founder's Hall, the school's first permanent building on the present-day campus then only known as "The Building".Juniata also has a 95% acceptance rate to all postgraduate programs, including medical, podiatric, dental, occupational therapy, physical therapy, chiropractic, and law schools.Since 2003, Juniata has produced eight Academic All-Americans, five American Physiological Society Undergraduate Research Fellows, 20 Benjamin A.The dorm also was constructed using "green" technologies such as geothermal heating, energy-efficient lighting, plantings and green spaces.The building also offers a bike shelter to encourage less driving.Gilman International Scholars, 19 Fulbright Scholars, 14 Goldwater Fellows, one Pickering Fellow, eight St.Andrew's Society Scholars, and one Davies-Jackson Scholar.Henry provided a second-story room over his local print shop for classes, while John lodged and fed the college's first teacher, Jacob M. On May 11 of same year, Jacob Zuck died from pneumonia at age 32 when he insisted on sleeping in the then unfinished Founders Hall without a heater.James Quinter was than chosen to lead the school as the school's first president.