Never ever did I suspect that my son was injecting heroin. Once we knew he was “using” we still didn’t understand. One of the last birthdays we celebrated was his, his 19th.
We were lucky to have the money to do what all the “specialists “ said to do. We did as much as we could for as long as we could, but again, we never really understood the depths of addiction. Upon release I took him directly for a vivitrol injection. We had one month with him home, watching the World Series, celebrating birthdays and visits with friends.
I hate that my memories of you are tainted by use, but I’ll take what i can get. Till we meet again, oxox My dearest Michaela, I don’t understand and never will. But I think the pain he was living with inside of him when he was alive was probably worse, as he struggled with many emotional issues that stemmed from the absence of his father being a steady parent in his life. He lives in our hearts and minds until we meet again. He loved to laugh, make people laugh, was funny, energetic,compassionate, and had a smile that will be remembered by everyone.
Tributes will be posted below as soon as they are approved. Significantly missed by mom and their two children. He was already in a lot of pain that day but this news added to that.. My mom evelyn left this earth due to a heroin overdose when i was 12 years old she was a very strong person with a great sense of humor i diddnt really understand what she was going through as i was just a child but i learned later as i dealt with my own addiction i miss her everyday I LOVE YOU MOM Posted 06/07/2018 My son Stephen, 34 years old son died of a fentanyl overdose. He was all about helping people and would be happy to know that his sister, Joy and I now volunteer for NCHRC. Today and always I remember my son Cody who was 30 yrs old when he died from an overdose after suffering 15 years with his addiction. I have started a nonprofit organization offering support, education, and resources to all those affected by addiction as this is a devastating family disease that affects everyone who loves someone who is suffering from the disease. I miss you more and more everyday and love you to the moon and back.
[Please be aware that as this is a public forum, any use of profanity or personal attacks in Tributes may lead to the Tribute not being published]. He was found overdosed from hydromorphone September 25, 2018- our Mother’s birthday. The children called me (grandmother/mom) and said they could not wake up mommy and daddy. To deal with the pain he kept taking his meds, not realizing how much he was taking. We are “Families Fighting Addiction”, Our family lost Gregory Robert L. When I got the call that you was in the hospital because of your addiction to pills and alcohol my heart broke I was saddened and so lost just the very thought of losing you someone who with out a doubt for everyone who needed your regardless of what you was going through you was always there for everyone the doctors told us you was on the road to recovery and you would be home soon.
I like to think that he is finally at peace, free from the tortures of addiction. Whether you are someone in active addiction, in recovery, a family member with a loved one in active addiction or in recovery, or the dreaded, a person with a loved one lost to the disease, we all suffer. We must stay strong together to demand changes in treatment and in stigma.
I knew the time had come, his delicate state could no longer be supported. With his father and the priest present, life support was removed. I like to think that his soul was long gone from his body.